Lately, whether talking to friends or scouring through blogs, Meatless Monday seems to be a recurring theme. I figured last night’s Miso Infused Green Bean, Broccoli and Edamame Stir Fry was perfectly fitting for a vegan post. I added Broccoli and asparagus to the mix for good measure, but for a meat free evening, the combination of edamame and green beans alone surmounts to a considerable dose of protein. A wonderful spin on greens and brown rice, it’s certainly worth a try, solo or as a side x x
Miso Infused Green Bean, Broccoli and Edamame Stir Fry
Inspired by Canyon Ranch Nourish
Serves 2 – 4
1 large bunch of green beans, trimmed
1/3 cup mirin
1 tablespoon miso paste
3 spring onions finely sliced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 cup thawed shelled edamame beans
1 broccoli head cut into florets and stem finely sliced
1 bunch asparagus trimmed
1 teaspoons coconut oil
1 cup brown rice cooked as per pack
1. Blanch geen beans and broccoli for a couple of minutes only
2. In a small mixing bowl combine mirin, miso, spring onions, garlic and ginger, whisk to combine until miso dissolves
3. Cut green beans and asparagus into 1 inch pieces. In a medium size bowl, combine with edamame and broccoli.
4. In a large wok, heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil on high heat. Add the greens and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the sauce and cook for another 3 – 4 minutes. Remove from the wok.
5. Evenly distribute amongst 4 plates, serving each on a bed of cooked brown rice.